Monday, December 6, 2010

Libba Bray

My favorite author is Libba Bray. Not just because of her books (which are...well, words cannot describe their awesomeness), but because of her. Her personality. Her writing itself. Her willingness to share her experiences. It started when I read her books in the Gemma Doyle trilogy. As is usual for me when I read something really good, I did a little author research. First I saw her generic, for-the-public biography, 21 Things About Me, which has a twenty-one random facts about her, like she has a glass eye and she hates doughnuts. None of that I-grew-up-here-I-married-this-person-and-now-we-live-here nonsense. Just twenty-one very juicy, hilarious facts. More people should write their bios like that.

More research led me to her blog. Most authors blog about tour dates and release dates and stuff like that. Not Libba Bray. Libba Bray writes about whatever the hell is on her mind. Sometimes she writes about seemingly trivial, everyday kind of stuff, like her favorite movies. Sometimes about important, controversial issues, like tolerance. Sometimes about her past. Whatever she writes about, she is 100% authentic and honest and human, and every time she writes, I think she puts a little of herself in her writing. 

Libba Bray could write about earthworms and make it hilarious, poignant, and inspiring, all at once. She's so good, I can tell you what her personality type is even though I've never met her (enfp).

http://libba-bray.livejournal.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment