Monday, October 25, 2010

If At First You Don't Succeed...?

I am a bad girl. A very, very bad girl. I should not have been away from my blog for this long. I should have stayed here and continued writing everyday.

This is the year of applications. Scholarship applications, college applications, financial aid applications, university applications, various other sorts of applications, etc. Every single kind of application - or very nearly every single kind - includes some kind of personal statement and/or written essay. I am so unprepared for this. This morning, while trying to think of coping strategies that don't involve procrastination, I told myself I should just start writing daily essays on everything that interests me, and by the time I have to turn in essays, I'd have many to choose from. And then I remembered, that's the main principle of a blog: writing essay-type vignettes everyday on interesting things. Perhaps if I'd stuck with the blog and given myself these months of writing practice, I wouldn't feel so lost now.

*deep, deep sigh*

Okay. Gotta pull myself together. Time to whip myself into shape. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment