Thursday, January 20, 2011

Note to Self

Okay. So, normally I don't even do anything with my hair. It's pretty short, about an inch below my skull, and layered, natural color. Normally I just roll out of bed, make sure it doesn't look funny, and go through my day hoping it isn't doing anything weird (it's so thick it has a mind of its own). Today I looked at myself in the mirror and I thought, "Well. I look boring." I am so freaking bored with my hair. I want to do something with it, but I can't dye it any funky colors because I have a job, and it isn't really long enough to do anything else with.

So here's my plan. I'm gonna let it grow out about two inches and keep it layered. At two more inches, my bangs will be long enough to frame my face nicely, and my layers will be able to keep themselves weighed down (I hope). So, in about four months, my hair will almost reach to my shoulders. I'm hoping that at this length, it will not be too long that it bothers me, but it will be long enough to pull back in a few simple styles. Ponytails and pigtails always look punkier and spunkier when done with hair that is as short as possible. I'm also going to add in a few small braids, a few bleached-white tendrils, and some feathers. Yes, I did just say feathers. A girl who came into work the other day had feathers in her hair - long, really thin feathers with black stripes. I asked her about them, and she told that she gets them at fishing stores and crimps them into her hair with ordinary crimp beads. Apparently you can wash, straighten, and curl them just as if they were part of your normal hair. I thought she was awesome.

So that's my new plan for my dull hair. For now, though, I guess I'll  wear hats. Nice hats. Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment