Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bejeweled Choker

In my post about the tatted mask, I mentioned I'd found a very simple pattern that could be manipulated to go around the eye wires for a new mask. I saw on agasunset's blog a choker that she had made. I liked it, and as she said, it came out looking rather punky. Punky is good, in my book. I zoomed in on her picture so I could figure out the pattern. My thinking was somewhere along the lines of "Hey, I could use a simple, basic pattern that's not too hard. I need to learn something besides really specific stuff, so...here we go?" The pattern was actually easier than I expected. At first I thought I might make it into a wrist cuff or something, but I ended up making another choker. Just a basic, long, rectangle-shaped bit of lace that would fit around my neck.

I thought I would look through the bead box and see what I could find to decorate it with. There wasn't much in the bead box (the bead box is communal property, so most of the good stuff has already been used up). I pawed through my personal craft drawer and found a packet of little silver jewels and glued some of the square ones onto the choker, similar to what agasunet did with pyramid nailheads. My choker looks a bit more sparkly than hers, but it ended up pretty much being the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment