Friday, June 18, 2010

Finished First Attempt

Remember that mask I mentioned? The one I was tatting? I finished it last week. Today I finally spread it out and took some pictures. There's a piece of wire in the middle for fitting around the nose that I had to flatten out for the pictures.

It didn't come out quite like I had anticipated. I think that all three medallions (those are the round pieces on either side and in the middle) are too large, because they keep getting folded up. And the mask isn't stiff enough. In one of the pictures of me wearing it, you can see that the top piece with the beads keeps flopping over. Also, I wanted it a bit more tightly woven. For example, it keeps bunching up over the nose because the tatting isn't all quite attached.

I'm going to try tatting another mask, this time without instructions. I'll figure it out as I go. I found a simple pattern that I think can be manipulated to go around the eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment